The Deierri-Yerri Valley is an example of diversity offering numerous possibilities for recreation and leisure time for the tourists and visitors. Even in the village of Abárzuza you can find numerous activities that make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.
The activities available are related to the natural environment, gastronomy and culture.
The most interesting enclaves are:
- The Natural Park of Urbasa – Andía.
- The source of the Urederra river.
- The Deierri-Yerri Valley.
- The Arboiz Canyon between Riezu and Lezáun.
- The Green Route the old Vasco-Navarro railway line.
- The Lokiz mountain range.
- The Codés mountain range.
- The Aralar mountain range.
- Sarbil – Etxauri.
- The Way of Saint James.
Personalized activities“La Parada-Etxea” offers in addition the possibility to organize or personalize tours adapted to your ability level and enjoyment. We offer guided tours either on foot or by mountain bike. Of which, non-binding quotes are available.
- Cycling, road or mountain.
- Spelunking or easy cave visits.
- Cross country skiing.
- Canyoning in Arteta.
- Mushroom and wild mushroom collection in Autumn or Spring.
- Horse riding: at “hípica de Acedo”.
- Rock climbing at Eraul (San Fausto) and Etxauri.
- Water sports in the reservoir of Alloz- Lerate.
Gastronomy and art activities
- Guided visits to cheese factories, wineries, patxaran (sloe berry liquors), in Abárzuza and the Yerri Valley.
- The millenary salt flats of Salina de Oro-Jaitz.
- Guided tours: Irantzu Monastery, Iratxe Monastery, Estella-Lizarra, Codés Sanctuary, San Gregorio Ostiense, Puente la Reina – Gares junction point of the French roads.
- • Charcoal producers in the Lana Valley
Further information is available